Irish Traditions Atlanta is a branch of Comhaltas Ceoltóirí Éireann (CCÉ), an international membership organization founded in Ireland in 1951 to preserve Traditional Irish Music and Culture. CCÉ fosters Irish cultural events for people everywhere to enjoy its distinctive character, with hundreds of branches of worldwide.
Visit Comhaltas HQ Dublin site at http://comhaltas.ie/.
A Few Words from the Branch Chair
November 15, 2012
Our new board is off and running! We held a Board Orientation this past weekend and we are energized and looking forward to the 2012/2013 year. Our Board will be focused on 3 main initiatives:
- Launch our first annual Membership Drive with the goal of doubling our current membership.
- Generate a solid Scholarship Fund to support the Bernard & Kathy Lane Scholarships and also create new scholarship programs to be awarded in 2013.
- Sponsor two community events this year that are focused on our mission of promoting the Irish culture through music, song, language and dance.
As always, we are in need of interested volunteers to help us execute our goals. Please consider joining our board, or a board committee. Our calendar will be published soon, but until then please circle the following dates on your calendar:
- December 9th : Bernard & Kathy Lane Scholarship program will be launched with a due date for all applications to be submitted by January 31st. We expect to award the scholarships around March 1st, 2013 to kick of the St. Patrick’s Day season!
- December 26th: St. Stephen’s Day Annual Irish Traditions Atlanta Gathering at RiRa. We are targeting 4:00pm – 8:00pm. Bring your instruments and dancing shoes!
The holiday season is also a great time to attend some of the many events around town. Watch for our mailings on events that come up throughout the month or look at our web page.
Slán go foil, do chara
Irish Traditions Atlanta Board Chair